issues with lena-simple-epc-emu applications

Danish Sattar

Oct 7, 2018, 5:05:09 PM10/7/18
to ns-3-users
Hi,
I've been trying to use a simple onoff application to send and receive traffic in the lena-simple-epc-emu
I tried the exact same code in lena-simple-epc and it works perfectly but doesn't work when eNB and EPC link is emulated.
Here is the snippet of the code that I added to both files

    Address sinkLocalAddress (InetSocketAddress (remoteHostAddr, dlPort));
    PacketSinkHelper sinkHelper ("ns3::UdpSocketFactory", sinkLocalAddress);
    ApplicationContainer sinkApp = sinkHelper.Install (remoteHost);
    sinkApp.Start (Seconds (1.0));

    std::string dataRate("1000Mb/s");
    AddressValue remoteAddress (InetSocketAddress (remoteHostAddr, dlPort));
    OnOffHelper onoff ("ns3::UdpSocketFactory", Address ());
    onoff.SetAttribute ("Remote", remoteAddress);
    onoff.SetAttribute ("OnTime", StringValue ("ns3::ConstantRandomVariable[Constant=1]"));
    onoff.SetAttribute ("OffTime", StringValue ("ns3::ConstantRandomVariable[Constant=0]"));

    onoff.SetAttribute ("DataRate", DataRateValue (dataRate));
    onoff.SetAttribute ("PacketSize", UintegerValue (1500));

    ApplicationContainer clientApps = onoff.Install (ueNodes.Get(0));
    clientApps.Start (Seconds (2.0));

I did not any other changes to either file except adding above code and commenting existing UDP application.

It compiles and runs fine but there is no traffic being sent or received.
I've attached the source files as well.

Can some please help me identify why it is not working when eNB<->EPC link is emulated and its working when it's simulated.

Thanks
lte-emu-traffic.cc