C++ bindings for the Network Coding Kodo library with the ns-3 examples and building from ns-3

Nestor Hernandez

Dec 10, 2015, 6:30:37 AM12/10/15
to ns-3-users
Dear ns-3 developers,

We are happy to announce that we have included our C++ bindings for Kodo into the ns-3 examples! Also, we have included a new way of get Kodo up and running (i.e. building) from ns-3 by making a full installation of the required source files in the ns-3 examples directory. You may look of it as using Kodo as an external library within ns-3.

The purpose for these changes is two fold. For the C++ bindings, the current changes will simplify the process of quickly developing the capabilities of Kodo instead of using the core of Kodo from the scratch. For the new building process, it comes firstly as a natural way of building source code for the ns-3 developers, without removing the benefits of the maintenability of our previous approach. Also, it helps you to use all the features from the ns-3's waf like the setting of environment variables and the logging module among others!

As always, if you have questions regarding any problems while building, please let us know here:
http://groups.google.com/group/steinwurf-dev

The source code and description for building the project is available on: https://github.com/steinwurf/kodo-ns3-examples
The updated tutorial (showing various ns-3 features and also some environment settings) is available here: http://kodo-ns3-examples.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Hope you find pretty useful!