wave-transmission-range.cc

Gopal Rawat

Mar 13, 2020, 5:19:54 AM3/13/20
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I am trying to read ns3 tutorials and reference materials and i came across training-wave-example.cc used during training session 2015.

It mentions the use of wave-transmission-range.cc  to get transmission range value for device. I am unable to find the same file. I am using ns3.30.1 and i checked it on ns3.22 as well ( used during the training session ).

Is it still available ?

Adesoji Bello

Mar 13, 2020, 5:51:52 AM3/13/20
to ns-3-users
I am not sure,I did a search of my ns-3.26 and ns-3.25 but was unable to locate the file.

Malik Saad

Mar 13, 2020, 5:55:17 AM3/13/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear, you can use vanet-routing-compare.cc file. Here you can change the transmission range for your simulations and analysis.

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Gopal Rawat

Mar 13, 2020, 6:08:49 AM3/13/20
to ns-3-users

Thanks for the reply, correct me if i am wrong

1. The example vanet-routing-compare.cc  uses 145m transmission range for scenario 1 and i see 10 other safety ranges for scenario 2.

2. BSM pdr uses concept of coverage area wave-bsm-stats.h talks about it , i am confused with the terms transmission range and coverage area.

3  As per my understanding the safety ranges used in vanet-routing-compare.cc is coverage area.

On Friday, 13 March 2020 15:25:17 UTC+5:30, Malik Saad wrote:
Dear, you can use vanet-routing-compare.cc file. Here you can change the transmission range for your simulations and analysis.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 6:52 PM Adesoji Bello <be...@mtu.edu> wrote:
I am not sure,I did a search of my ns-3.26 and ns-3.25 but was unable to locate the file.

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Malik Saad

Mar 13, 2020, 8:33:56 AM3/13/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
With my best of knowledge,  pdr for 10 values shown are for the coverage are  50m 100m 150m upto so onn 500m for 10 values. As you can see that it degrades as the range exceeds. Here transmission range and coverage area are interchangeable terms i guess. For scenraio 2 you can also use our own mobility.tcl file using sumo.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ns-3-users/7ecc4e02-6eb3-4094-9af1-80dbe280d3a0%40googlegroups.com.

Tom Henderson

Mar 13, 2020, 12:44:43 PM3/13/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, Gopal Rawat

It is probably in Junling Bu's repository but it seems to have been moved.  You can try to email him (email is on the project page):

https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/GSOC2013WAVE_MAC

- Tom

Gopal Rawat

Mar 14, 2020, 5:00:14 AM3/14/20
to ns-3-users

Thanks Tom for sharing the information, i have sent him email now.

Gopal Rawat

Mar 21, 2020, 9:17:43 AM3/21/20
to ns-3-users
While working with wifi modules and examples , i found wifi-adhoc.cc.

It helps in computing the transmission range value.