HT backward compatibility with VHT

inam

Jan 7, 2019, 1:17:21 PM1/7/19
to ns-3-users
Hi all,
I tried to run the example wifi-backward-compatibility.cc to check the backward compatibility of HT with VHT stations. So I did the following changes:

AP: 802.11ac, RAA=MinstrelHt
STA: 802.11n 5Ghz, RAA=MinstrelHt
Channelwidth for all nodes = 40 MHz

Rest of the things I kept unchanged.

But the throughput remains zero.

I collected some traces also, where I can see the STA only sending beacon frames. The AP does not send anything, not even any ACK. The code exits with a 1 after a while.

The same example works fine with the default channelwidth (20 Mhz) of the example.

Please tell me if I am making some mistake in selecting the parameters, or if there are some other settings that need change.

I am using ns-3.28. The example with my modifications is attached.

Regards,
Inam
wifi-backward-compatibility.cc