Help! Can you explain to me what the every single module contains and means?

cm369...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2016, 7:02:25 AM4/18/16
to ns-3-users
Question and Others:

          As i know, NS-3 contains more than 50 modules ,such as antenna and so on...

          i want to learn TCP/IP based on networking from these modules. So can you sort them out for me?

          i want to use them to catch the ip flow and catch the jam, or did you ever finish the task?

          This is my Graduation project and i want to work on these.

          The best way is to list the document and the cases, thanks a lot!

Jack Higgins

Apr 19, 2016, 1:19:06 AM4/19/16
to ns-3-users

Dear cm369,

Its great that you want to work on your graduations project in ns-3.

However, what you are asking is explained in the manual and tutorial of ns-3. These explain the "main modules" , their content and meaning.
Although some modules could use further explanation, usually the models that lack explanations are widely discuss in the mailing list and  multiple RFCs and papers (like the protocols modules).

Its a lot of reading yes, but I suggest you to start with the core modules , and examples. This will take you to the topics you are interested eventually.

Regards,

Jack