Blackhole attack simulation in ns-3 using AODV - new patch provided for ns-3.23

Mohit P. Tahiliani

May 19, 2015, 4:24:53 AM5/19/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

A patch for simulating blackhole attack in ns-3.23 using AODV has been uploaded on the following link:

Sample C++ program is also provided on the above link to test the working of the patch.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Mohit P. Tahiliani

th_...@qq.com

Nov 18, 2015, 8:42:25 AM11/18/15
to ns-3-users
Hi!
I read your blog and it's really good!
But the question is I can download the file 'sample-program-blackhole-ns3.zip'but I can extract nothing from it,it says the file is broken.
Can you reupload it or put it 'here '?
Thanks a lot !

Mark

在 2015年5月19日星期二 UTC+8下午4:24:53,Mohit P. Tahiliani写道:

Mohit P. Tahiliani

Nov 18, 2015, 1:04:37 PM11/18/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I have attached the files with this mail.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Mohit P. Tahiliani
blackhole.cc
myapp.h

th_...@qq.com

Nov 19, 2015, 12:15:45 AM11/19/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

It really helps me a lot.

I am doing some attacks simulation on Wireless Mesh Networks,
especially hybrid WMN with 802.11s and Hybrid Wireless Mesh Protocol(HWMP).
Is it the same as AODV Protocol ? Can you give me some suggestions ?

Regards,
Mark

在 2015年11月19日星期四 UTC+8上午2:04:37,Mohit P. Tahiliani写道:

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 19, 2015, 3:29:01 AM11/19/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

you don't really want to read the answer. What you really want is to delete the question (but it's too late).
I don't blame the fact that you (like anyone) could miss some bits. However everyone should really try to have at least a basic knowledge of the things he/she is working with.
The only possible suggestion is: go document yourself about HWMP and AODV, and (as an useful exercise) try to understand how your question is embarrassing.
If, after reading some standards, you still find the question totally normal, I'll be unhappy to dissect it for you.

Have fun studying.

T.

th_...@qq.com

Nov 19, 2015, 6:07:29 AM11/19/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

 T, I am not asking him to tell me how write the code or to write it for me.Maybe the way I ask was not clear.
I know I can't ask this group to do work for me,this group is about  sharing and discussing.
Now I notice that maybe my question is a little embarrassing or even annoying,and I am sorry for that.
BTW, I think you're a little serious,hahahaha.......

Sincerely,
在 2015年11月19日星期四 UTC+8下午4:29:01,Tommaso Pecorella写道:

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 19, 2015, 6:34:30 AM11/19/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

yes, sometimes I'm serious, sometimes I just pretend to be serious.
Anyway, I'll assume that the problem is in how you did write the question. I'll dissect it...

Let's take this sentence.
"especially hybrid WMN with 802.11s and Hybrid Wireless Mesh Protocol(HWMP). Is it the same as AODV Protocol ?"

Two huge issues. The first one is "hybrid WMN with 802.11s and Hybrid Wireless Mesh Protocol". This is a tautology, HWMP is a L2 protocol proposed and used in 802.11s.
The second one is "Is it the same as AODV Protocol ?". HWMP is based on AODV, but it is completely different. HWMP is L2 and it's mixed proactive/reactive. AODV is pure reactive and it is L3.
If one would take the above mentioned sentence literally, the obvious conclusion would be to think that you don't have the slightest idea of what is the difference between AODV and HWMP, or even of what HWMP is.
This is (of course) not the case, but it leaves the reader puzzled.

Summarizing: if you want help, make sure that the reader can understand what is the problem and what you are asking for help for.

T.

th_...@qq.com

Nov 19, 2015, 6:49:59 AM11/19/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

This time you really made me laugh.      :)
I kown what you u said,I read it on paper,since  I just work on it, maybe sometimes I am confused.
Anyway thank both of u.

Mark

在 2015年11月19日星期四 UTC+8下午7:34:30,Tommaso Pecorella写道:

rshir...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2019, 3:55:23 PM4/24/19
to ns-3-users
I am using ns3.29. I want to implement blackhole attack please share the patch and source code …

samcheefatt sam

Apr 24, 2019, 7:19:56 PM4/24/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
samsamch...@gmail.com

在 2019年4月25日星期四, <rshir...@gmail.com> 写道:
--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

null

samcheefatt sam

Apr 24, 2019, 7:22:26 PM4/24/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Samsamch...@gmail.com

在 2019年4月25日星期四, <rshir...@gmail.com> 写道:
--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

null

rshir...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 2:41:05 AM4/25/19
to ns-3-users
/scratch/blackhole.cc: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
../scratch/blackhole.cc:90:3: error: ‘NqosWifiMacHelper’ was not declared in this scope
   NqosWifiMacHelper wifiMac = NqosWifiMacHelper::Default ();
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../scratch/blackhole.cc:90:3: note: suggested alternative: ‘_ZTIN3ns313WifiMacHelperE’
   NqosWifiMacHelper wifiMac = NqosWifiMacHelper::Default ();
   _ZTIN3ns313WifiMacHelperE
../scratch/blackhole.cc:91:3: error: ‘wifiMac’ was not declared in this scope
   wifiMac.SetType ("ns3::AdhocWifiMac");
   ^~~~~~~
../scratch/blackhole.cc:91:3: note: suggested alternative: ‘wifiPhy’
   wifiMac.SetType ("ns3::AdhocWifiMac");
   ^~~~~~~
   wifiPhy
THE CODE SHOWS FOLLOWING ERROR ????