plc in ns3

sarath tv

Jan 25, 2014, 2:31:49 AM1/25/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
i am a newbie in ns3 and as part of my work i have to simulate plc in ns3.installation and building are successful but when i add plc module to src folder ,it shows various error..can anyone help me with how and why this error comes...
thanks in advance,,,

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 25, 2014, 4:48:35 AM1/25/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as far as I know there's no pic module in ns-3, so it must be a module from somewhere else (other than the standard distribution).

So, if you don't give us more details about the errors or the module, I think we can give little help.

Cheers,

Konstantinos

Jan 25, 2014, 4:48:58 AM1/25/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
How did you add the PLC module? Have you followed the documentation for creating the corresponding wscript file?
 http://www.nsnam.org/docs/manual/html/support.html

What types of errors? Post some of them here.

sarath tv

Jan 27, 2014, 11:07:17 AM1/27/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
its PLC not Pic module...and am sharing the link ryt now,...https://github.com/ns3-plc-module/plc

Konstantinos

Jan 27, 2014, 11:15:23 AM1/27/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Have you installed the requirements (not only for NS-3 but also the boost-libs) as stated in the page you gave?
Besides the plc module uses the template-based boost graph library, which has to be accessible via the system's include path. For installation see www.boost.org.

Then, if you try to use a later version of ns-3, apart from that specified (ns-3.16), you might need to update the wscript file of that module.

Still, you haven't given us what errors you are getting so as to help you.

sarath tv

Jan 27, 2014, 11:41:03 PM1/27/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

am using 3.19 version..i hav removed the PLC module and started again from sratch...will infrom u if any more problms occurs...
thanks

sarath tv

Apr 2, 2014, 11:05:51 AM4/2/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
i have downloaded PLC module from this link ahttps://github.com/ns3-plc-module/plc..and added to the src folder as mentioned in the link.but am getting an error ..i have attached the screen shot with this post. from the post https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!searchin/ns-3-users/new_task_gen/ns-3-users/JzUvWiWn9UY/dLn3AMMIdt0J    i modified the wscript accordingly but still its showing errors.can anyone help me with this

sarath tv

Apr 2, 2014, 11:07:12 AM4/2/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
2.png

Konstantinos

Apr 2, 2014, 1:44:49 PM4/2/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Which wscript file are you using? I have already mentioned you in private you have to create NEW wscript file because the original downloaded from the PLC site is for NS-3.16 and WAF has been upgraded in NS-3.19.

Study and Understand the documentation

sarath tv

Apr 3, 2014, 12:47:21 AM4/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
i understood that part. but i need to have  the source code for plc module . and also the dependencies for the same...am i correct ??

THANKS AND REGARDS
SARATH TV
M.Tech Embedded Systems
Amrita Vishwa vidhyapeetham
Coimbatore

Konstantinos

Apr 3, 2014, 5:49:36 AM4/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you need to put the source code.
Yes, you need to add the dependencies that module has in the new wscript file.

Some commands/structures for wscript files have been changed since ns-3.16, hence you need the new wscript. You only need to put in that new wscript the names of the .cc/.h files to be build, and dependencies of the module (either on other libraries or modules.

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 5:47:21 AM UTC+1, sarath tv wrote:
i understood that part. but i need to have  the source code for plc module . and also the dependencies for the same...am i correct ??

THANKS AND REGARDS
SARATH TV
M.Tech Embedded Systems
Amrita Vishwa vidhyapeetham
Coimbatore

Nishchal Shukla

Jun 7, 2014, 2:08:53 AM6/7/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I am sending you the integrated version of ns3.19 and plc module . I have made some changes in the Wscript and for me its working properly .
I insist you to follow certain steps.
1) Install all per-requisite files from http://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Installation
2) Install sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
3) Extract the Ns-3.19 file from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9C0NCRAmoXZLUFzcF9JSGhCZlU/edit?usp=sharing
4) Try configure and build the file. It won't give any error.

sarath tv

Jun 21, 2014, 1:34:17 AM6/21/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the integrated version...but i got errors ,which am attaching with  this  post. can any one shed some light on it.

--
Screenshot from 2014-06-21 10:58:11.png

y618...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2014, 3:15:05 AM7/5/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Oh,I have the same error too, not in ns3-phy or plc-interface,but in ns3-graph.I think it may be the problem in boost C++ library graph.I am a  college student,andonly have studied plc in NS3 for two days...This error is so disgusting!Have you ever figured it out?It made me sad!
在 2014年6月21日星期六UTC+8下午1时34分17秒,sarath tv写道:
error.JPG

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 5, 2014, 10:05:16 AM7/5/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Please, triple check the words you use, unless you're absolutely sure of their meaning.

I understand you're not mother tongue, otherwise my answer would had been something like "The only disgusting thing here is that you're not even trying to fix the errors you find. In my college a student that would use such a language would have been kicked out".
However, as I said, I understand that you're not a native English speaker, so you may have a wrong evaluation of the words meaning.

About the error, let me state one thing.
The plc module is not a module officially supported by the ns-3 distribution.

This does not means that it's a bad module, just that it is not supported by us. We can try offering some help, but very limited.
Most important, tho is: any error / problem / failure in the plc module should NOT be extended to the ns-3 core system and its maintainers.

Thanks,

T.

y618...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2014, 11:38:50 AM7/5/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Deeply sorry for my incorrect use of the word.I don't meant to be rude.As you said,I am not the native English speaker,and I didn't know the accurate usage of the word.The only thing in sentence above I wanted to express is that this error or bug disturbed me or made me "sad",not about the plc module ,the ns-3 and their maintainers.Maybe I should contact the plc module's maintainers searching for help??? Thanks for your reply.I will try my best to deal with it.Best regards!
在 2014年7月5日星期六UTC+8下午10时05分16秒,Tommaso Pecorella写道e :

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 5, 2014, 1:22:12 PM7/5/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I totally understand the issue of being foreign language (I'm not an English native speaker too).

I'd definitely suggest to contact the module's authors. More ideas on your other post.

Cheers,

T.
Message has been deleted