Flow monitor works for unicast transmission. How to get measure network metrics for broadcast scenarios (VANET scenario) ?

Boong Baang

Sep 7, 2019, 4:35:33 PM9/7/19
to ns-3-users
I need to calculate the following parameters in a VANET:
  • Average Delay of the network
  • Average Age of Information of the network
  • Average Throughput of the network
  • Average Packet Delivery Ratio of the network
By average, I mean the parameters have to be calculated for each node and then averaged for all the nodes. I found the group discussions that point to Flow-Monitor for sucg calculations, but the documentation states that it only works for unicast messages. In my scenario, messages are generated using 802.11p which makes them broadcast.

The slides NS-3 Advanced Tutorial:Visualization and Data Collection lists several ways to extract such parameters, but the VANET scenario is not discussed specifically. So how should I proceed to calculate the parameters I listed above in a VANET scenario?

Nuzhat Yamin

Nov 6, 2019, 8:20:03 PM11/6/19
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Did you get a solution to do that? I am currently trying to do so. So, if you have a solution, please mention here.

Boong Baang

Nov 18, 2019, 8:53:19 PM11/18/19
to ns-3-users
I calculated the delay and age using the packet generation and reception instants. The PDR and throughput is shown in the file vanet-routing-compare.cc, but I haven't used that.

Naoly Get

Feb 9, 2020, 4:49:21 AM2/9/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear
Do you code for calculating the parameters you listed?

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---