Is aodv simulation normal or not ?

Michael W.S. Yee

May 17, 2012, 10:16:07 AM5/17/12
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
I use the testing code "examples/routing/manet-routing-compare.cc" to test aodv routing performance, in the simulation, set up 10 sinks, 5Mbps for each on/off Application, Packet size is 5000 Bytes, and the simulation lasts 200 seconds, 0~50 seconds is going to setup the network topology, 51~200 seconds doing the simulation.
When network scale is 10 nodes, the throughput is a normal value from 51s~200s, but with 50 nodes, the performance gets so poor that the throughput is close to 0 from 180s~200s. Is this means a serious congestion happened in the network ?
manet-compare.cc
manet-routing.csv

John Abraham

May 17, 2012, 10:46:11 AM5/17/12
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
What's the ns-3 version?

Michael W.S. Yee

May 17, 2012, 11:20:41 AM5/17/12
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
ns-3.12 and ns-3-dev get the same results.

Best Regards,
Michael W.S. Yee@ Peking University, P.R. China

John Abraham

May 17, 2012, 1:07:03 PM5/17/12
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I can see a flood of RREQ and RREP around 178 second region. This really should not have happened for stationary nodes.
i believe this a bug. Can you file it on, https://www.nsnam.org/bugzilla/
Screen Shot 2012-05-17 at 10.02.27 AM.png

Michael W.S. Yee

May 19, 2012, 7:16:04 AM5/19/12
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your testing, I'll file it as soon.
<Screen Shot 2012-05-17 at 10.02.27 AM.png>

pri_liza

Jun 12, 2012, 2:34:07 PM6/12/12
to ns-3-users
Hello,

In this algorithm there is mobility? I do not understand how it works,
can you explain, is that I am new to the NS3!