Calling of Signal Power

Krishna Bharadwaj

Dec 28, 2016, 3:31:43 AM12/28/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I traced from interference helper that signal to noise ratio is calculated and signal is getting it's value from the variable rxpower (traced between some other variables) in InterferenceHelper::Event::Event (......., double rxpower). My question is in which cases is this event triggered ?? and whether rxpower is calculated from any propagation models or we just instantiate the value somewhere else. From where does this rxpower get it's value exactly ??.

Thanks and Regards,
pvnskbs.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 2, 2017, 9:09:03 PM1/2/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

it is fired upon packet reception, and rxpower is calculated according to the propagation models, the txpower, the Tx / Rx distance, etc.

T.