SNR Tag: How to get datasnr value taged with ACK packet at hwmp-protocol.cc

Mark Anthoni

May 6, 2014, 9:51:24 AM5/6/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

datasnr (data SNR) value which is tagged at mac-low.cc with ACK packet ( MacLow::SendAckAfterData). According to my understanding, ACK is dismissed at mac-low.cc , hence the data snr. I want to get the datasnr at hwmp-protocol.cc on the sender side (ACK receiver).
To calculate the link capacity based on my algorithm I designed, I need to update routing table(hwmp-rtable.cc) of each node with the data SNR value. So, when a ACK is received, I have to access corresponding hwmp-routing table and update it.

Regards,

Tommaso Pecorella

May 6, 2014, 10:22:56 AM5/6/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

since ACKs are not regular packets, their SNR can not be passed to higher layer by using a tag. Sinply because there's no packet to attach the tag to.

The best idea coming to my mind is to define a trace source and hook to that.

Hope this helps,

T.

Mark Anthoni

May 6, 2014, 9:33:07 PM5/6/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to follow the technique ns-3 used to calculate the airtime link metric. to calculate airtime, (hwmp-protocol.cc) has to fetch frame error rate for peer addresses (WifiRemoteStationInfo::GetFrameErrorRate ()). In my case, I tried to store datasnr value received by ACK (snr tag) at mac-low for the corresponding peer address and get it at hwmp-protocol.cc following the airtime way. I could not make it work.

I guess callback/traceSource will be wise for now.

regards,