pyviz doesn't work under ns3.30 ubuntu 18.04

fatima zahra rabahi

Sep 9, 2019, 4:29:08 PM9/9/19
to ns-3-users
I installed the ns3.30 under ubuntu 18.04 but I could not install pyvis for visualized the topology of my network?
I will always have this mistake;
E: Can not find python-pygoocanvas package
How do I do ?

Capture d’écran de 2019-09-09 22-21-42.png

Jay Patel

Sep 9, 2019, 6:01:20 PM9/9/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Please try this solution. This works for me.

As For Ubuntu 18.04, python-pygoocanvas is no longer provided. The ns-3.29 release and later upgrades the support to GTK+ version 3, and requires these packages: sudo apt-get install gir1.2-goocanvas-2.0 python-gi python-gi-cairo python-pygraphviz python3-gi python3-gi-cairo python3-pygraphviz gir1.2-gtk-3.0 ipython

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Jay Patel
--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

fatima zahra rabahi

Sep 10, 2019, 12:25:35 PM9/10/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
when i used this package i got, that as results

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ns-3-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ns-3-users/CAAAzugFUUovuE3faTRuLuWVQXeC5t8-AjPzHw0ybj%3DjpOxGntw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Rabahi Fatima Zahra
PhD Student

E-mail:
Capture d’écran de 2019-09-10 18-21-30.png

Tom Henderson

Sep 10, 2019, 12:46:51 PM9/10/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, fatima zahra rabahi
On 9/10/19 9:25 AM, fatima zahra rabahi wrote:
> Hi
> when i used this package i got, that as results

It is not working for you because you are trying to install packages
from an unprivileged user account; you must either use sudo or change to
a root shell.

- Tom

Jay Patel

Sep 10, 2019, 12:56:25 PM9/10/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please use sudo or change to a root shell and it should work.

With Regards,
Jay Patel

Lin Francis

Sep 11, 2019, 4:10:28 PM9/11/19
to ns-3-users
Hi Fatima,

 I got the same problem but I solved it by  installing python2 instead of python 3

install these first:

sudo apt-get install gir1.2-goocanvas-2.0 python-gi python-gi-cairo python-pygraphviz python3-gi python3-gi-cairo python3-pygraphviz gir1.2-gtk-3.0 ipython ipython3

pip install PyBindGen

navigate to where waf is located.
then, specify which python interpreter to use for ns3 python binding
use latest version of python2:

/usr/bin/python2.7 ./waf configure

then, build:

./waf build --enable-examples --enable-test

once built, running any ns3 simulation in scratch folder should be able to be visualized.
when running the simulation, place --vis flag to ensure visualization.
for example:

./waf --run your_simulation_name --vis

Radha Reddy

Sep 12, 2019, 5:46:10 AM9/12/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lin,

Many thanks for your kind response and help.

The python visualizer is enabled, but got a new problem

program 'ns3-sumo-coupling-simple' not found; available programs are: ['subdir', 'scratch/subdir/subdir', 'scratch-simulator', 'scratch/scratch-simulator', 'test-runner', 'utils/test-runner', 'bench-simulator', 'utils/bench-simulator', 'bench-packets', 'utils/bench-packets', 'print-introspected-doxygen', 'utils/print-introspected-doxygen', 'tap-device-creator', 'src/fd-net-device/tap-device-creator', 'raw-sock-creator', 'src/fd-net-device/raw-sock-creator', 'tap-creator', 'src/tap-bridge/tap-creator']

Regards

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

fatima zahra rabahi

Sep 19, 2019, 6:06:21 AM9/19/19
to ns-3-users
Good morning all
I thank you very much for your answers
I followed what you told me and I had this problem despite visualizer  is built
I made an example with the third --vis and here are the results

can you tell me please what is the problem?
Capture d’écran de 2019-09-19 11-28-57.png
Capture d’écran de 2019-09-19 11-25-54.png
Capture d’écran de 2019-09-19 11-25-28.png

Radha Reddy

Sep 19, 2019, 10:55:57 AM9/19/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fatima,

Many thanks for your kind response and concern.

The problem has been solved by updating the python version.

Regards
Radha

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Narges Zarnaghinaghsh

Sep 19, 2019, 2:06:48 PM9/19/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I also have a same problem. I followed all of your instructions, but still when I run an example, this error appears:

Could not load icon applets-screenshooter due to missing gnomedesktop Python module

And whenever I try to install python-gnome2-desktop, this error appears:

E: Unable to locate package python-gnome2-desktop

Does anyone know how I can install it?

Thanks,
Narges