Change PropagationLossModel at runtime

Natasha Zlobinsky

Aug 4, 2020, 3:54:36 AM8/4/20
to ns-3-users
Good day

I would like to know if it is possible to change the PropagationLossModel of a channel at runtime, after it has been set for the first time, and if so, how? I would like to change the channel number and change the PropagationLossModel accordingly at run-time. This is for a wifi mesh network of mesh point nodes, but the same question holds for normal wifi nodes.

Looking forward to a reply.
Thanks

nat...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2020, 9:21:02 AM8/24/20
to ns-3-users
Hello

Does anyone have an answer for this? I assume it needs to be done using the Config::Set () path but not sure how to do this in practice as that sets just the type of PropagationLossModel from what I can see, but not the specific loss model instance that has been created and its parameters defined as required.

Please assist