Own project ideas for Google Summer of Code

Jude Niroshan

Jan 15, 2018, 7:26:15 AM1/15/18
to ns-3-users
Hi All,

I'm an undergraduate student and a former GSoC student. Google has called for the applications from the organization for Google Summer of Code 2018(The deadline for organization submission is on 23-01-2018). I believe NS-3 will be there in this year as well.
Apart from those very detailed information I found on the wiki pages, I have a question about how the GSoC projects are being selected. Is it possible for me to bring up my own project idea and work on it in this summer
within Google Summer of Code and NS-3?

I would be much pleased to know more information if it is possible for me to being my own ideas for GSoC projects.

Best Regards,
Jude Niroshan

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 15, 2018, 12:12:42 PM1/15/18
to ns-3-users
Hi,

sure, it is possible (and welcome) to propose your own idea for GSoC.
The main requirement is to discuss them with the mentors and org. admins in order to check the idea difficulty and who can be your mentor, in case the proposal is accepted.
We have many ways to discuss proposals, e.g., to do it through ns--dev mailing list, Zulip (ns-3.zulipchat.com), irc, and so on.

Cheers,

T.