Problems with PropagationLossModules during runtime -> no updates

Julian Freudenthal

Oct 11, 2017, 1:09:15 PM10/11/17
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to simulate an ad hoc network based on LTE in ns-3. However I have a question on how PropagationLossModules are working. Currently I'm using some kind of CalcRsrp Funktion to get some general information about the channel before I start the simulation. Through NSLOG messages I am now able to see that after my nodes start to move (Imported from a SUMO Tracefile) they are changing their positions, but the received power and everything related to the channel never seems to be updated again. Am I missing out on something? Also how much are channel models related to whats going on at PHY Layer if I need to add fading later?
Thanks for any thoughts on my issue.

Julian Freudenthal

Oct 19, 2017, 3:56:56 AM10/19/17
to ns-3-users
Alright, i overlooked a setting which was caching already calculated Losses and never had to call the CalculateRx function again. So that's why I had the feeling that the values didn't update during runtime...