Creation of Customize Controllers

2014p...@mnit.ac.in

Apr 28, 2016, 5:58:23 AM4/28/16
to ns-3-users
Dear All,

I am relatively new to NS3 but have acquired working knowledge of the simulator to and extend where I can make small changes in the Examples to suit different needs,

For my project I need to create a following network scenario Where:

Part I: 3 sub nets with few hosts each connected to a core network each Via Switch/router let say A,B & C
Part II: Each route is connected to a Network Edge(Custom developed, which is suppose to communicate with Router ABC each, maintain records regarding network info, and inspect/modify/reroute packets ) which connects to the global network.

As far as I have understood I can modify simple global routing Example to make the Part I of the Topology, but I am confused in part 2. My questions are

Q1. Can I change the routing table format.
Q2. how and where to create the Controller so that it is relevantly present in the Communication chain.
Q3. Any example where I can learn to read Packets in NS3

I understand the question may require any clarifications, feel free to ask and any help would be appreciated a lot.

Thanks and Regards
Manu
"Knowledge is Infinite, and Hence Learning too"