Attaching a file descriptor to a user space process generating/consuming traffic

aradhya B

Jul 11, 2017, 6:14:55 PM7/11/17
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

The doc here mentions that a file descriptor generated using a FdNetDevice can be associated with a user space program on one end and NS3 on other. I want to leverage this to deploy two applications to communicate over a simulated network in NS3 without using virtual hosts. I couldn't find a specific example for the same, have I missed one?

Thanks,
Aradhya

Bill Tao

Jan 30, 2023, 12:06:30 AM1/30/23
to ns-3-users
Hi, Aradhya

I am also looking into this. Have you found or managed to get a working example?

Thanks!