Ipv4Address inside a Packet Tag

Sathyanarayanan Chandrasekharan

May 31, 2015, 2:34:46 AM5/31/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I cannot seem to figure out how to insert an Ipv4Address inside a Packet Tag. Unsigned integers work smoothly but not Ipv4Address.

To be honest, I have never seemed to understand how the serialization and deserialization works in ns3 and I have been using ns3 for a while. Can someone point me to some good resources on this topic.

Thanks,
Sathya
PhD Candidate in Wireless Communications

Tommaso Pecorella

May 31, 2015, 3:17:17 AM5/31/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Serialization / Deserialization can be tricky at first. The best way is to rely on examples and built-in functionalities.
Have you checked "src/internet/model/ipv4-packet-info-tag.cc" ? It could provide a very good guideline for what you need.

About a thing to study... other than pointing to the manual I wouldn't know how to help you. If you have specific questions, ask them here and we'll try to enlighten. If there's a manual section that seems to be obscure, let us know and we'll try to clarify it.

Cheers,

T.