SINR Calculation at UAN Framework

Muhammad Syirajuddin Suja'i

Jun 3, 2015, 6:42:16 PM6/3/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I want to learn the pathloss and SINR calculation used in the UAN framework. I'm using NS_LOG_DEBUG and I able to display the value of some variables used in calculation. But, I have problem at SINR calculation. I already add this script

LogComponentEnable ("UanPhyGen", LOG_ALL);

but nothing appeared from UanPhyGen. What did i do wrong?

And, second question, Is it possible to set different noise parameters (ship and wind noise) to each node? if it yes, how to do that?

Thank you in advance.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 4, 2015, 8:27:02 AM6/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you should read the code, you'll fin all these infos (and you'll learn a lot).

Cheers,

T.

Muhammad Syirajuddin Suja'i

Jun 4, 2015, 9:50:30 AM6/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I learn by calculating manually and right now I want to compare my manual calculation with NS3 calculation. I traced the calculation until UanTransducerHD ("Calling StartRx with rxPowerDb=xxx.xx") that led me to check on UanPhyGen. The sinr is supposed to be calculated at UanPhyGen, right? Why couldn't I diplay the NS_LOG_DEBUG results?

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 4, 2015, 1:22:28 PM6/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
No idea, have you activated the logs ?

If you did and there's no display, you could have found a bug. Please attach an example script.

T.

Muhammad Syirajuddin Suja'i

Jun 23, 2015, 4:04:44 AM6/23/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
It seems that I mistyped the code. Now I can trace all calculation process. Thank you.