Trace File Analysis

ruqayya jabeen

Sep 16, 2015, 8:56:26 PM9/16/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,
I ran the simulation scripts and I obtained trace file in ns3. I was wondereing how can I analyze this file? which scripting language should I use?

Thanks,
Ruqayya

Tommaso Pecorella

Sep 17, 2015, 12:24:20 AM9/17/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I highly suggest Dart, Ruby or R.

Seriously, it depends on the file and what is inside the file. This topic has been discussed in the past: there's no common structure for the traces (beside a very few) simply because there's too many cases.
Consult the manual about how tracing works and the source files you're running to find out what are the data you're obtaining. Next, they can be analysed with any system, usually gnuplot, or matlab. Even Excel could do.

Cheers,

T.