Active device in XGPON

shravan B

May 5, 2014, 9:48:24 PM5/5/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have been going through the XGPON documentation and I understand that REs and passive splitters are not simulated yet. I wanted to write code for a hypothetical network by bringing in an active device such as a optical switch or a router in place of the passive splitter so that it can serve lot more ONUs (It resembles an AON). Due to lack of ns-3 models in the optical domain, I browsed through this particular model to see if this can be achieved. But I am unable to get a good start to this. Is it right to conclude that this is not possible without drastic changes to the current model? or could there be a minor tweak in the current model? Any help, ideas or leads to get started with this would be greatly appreciated.

Tommaso Pecorella

May 6, 2014, 3:21:27 AM5/6/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

no idea, but since XGPON module is not yet merged with ns-3, maybe it's better to ask the authors as well (put them in copy so the answer can be posted here and be beneficial for all).

Cheers,

T.