LTE ue to eNodeB IP packet transmission without help of PGW

Babu

Dec 31, 2016, 6:44:57 AM12/31/16
to ns-3-users
Is it possible to transmit IP packet from UE <----> eNodeB.

In the current status, It is possible but via the pgw. Does any one idea where as I can restrict the use of SendToS1uSocket (packet, teid) .

My goal is to use udp client server application inside UE and eNodeB, and both will transmit and receive packet using SendToLteSocket (packet, it->second.m_rnti, it->second.m_bid); or any other standard approach.

Please check the simulation script.
uetoenodeb.cc

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 3, 2017, 8:32:59 AM1/3/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I checked your script, it is unsettling and it doesn't compile with my compiler.
About your question, i honestly don't understand what is the question. Do you want to know if what you want to do is possible (answer: in theory yes), how easy it would be (hard), or if someone dd it (no) ?

T.

Luciano Jerez Chaves

Jan 4, 2017, 1:27:08 PM1/4/17
to ns-3-users
On the LTE data plane, packets are sent to/from the UE <--> eNB <--> SgwPgw
You can setup your scenario without using the EPC, and you can direct the traffic from the LTE socket to the application on the eNB node.
As Tommaso said, this may not be a easy task.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Babu

Jan 30, 2017, 8:59:31 AM1/30/17
to ns-3-users
I made it. Its working on any ns3 application. Now It doest not forward any packet from eNodeB to PGW. But it still shows the same UDP packet transmission time from UE<->eNodeB when using UDP client-server application in UE and eNodeB. I am not understanding what is the actual reason?

tahmine javadzade

Dec 21, 2020, 2:19:18 PM12/21/20
to ns-3-users
Dear Babu,

I know it is all tread. But I really appreciate  if you give an update that How you solve it ? because I have the same problem.

Regards

Md Mahfuzur Rahman Bosunia

Dec 23, 2020, 7:42:55 AM12/23/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Currently I dont have the source codes but what can I say you have to change in the nodes application(level) and also in the network level.

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Dr. Md Mahfuzur Rahman Bosunia (Mahfuz)
Information Systems Development Department, 28 Floor
Head Office, Bangladesh Bank (The Central Bank of Bangladesh)
Dhaka, Bangladesh.

 +88-9530010-75 Ext. 21400
 mahfuzurb

tahmine javadzade

Dec 23, 2020, 12:04:58 PM12/23/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
Thank you for your reply
 Regards

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ns-3-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ns-3-users/CAAaggx024%2BZEyjS-gh9Ux5XCJEJ8G6Lt%2B3Mx%2BrJ0qQzm4GG9gg%40mail.gmail.com.