Hi All,How can I get the result of ping operation?

xzl...@hotmail.com

Dec 17, 2015, 2:23:15 PM12/17/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,All.
I installed a ping Application,and how can I get the result (maybe using tracing system or monitor)? Are there any example case or tutorial example for this?
Thank you all for any answering.

xzl...@hotmail.com

Dec 17, 2015, 2:33:28 PM12/17/15
to ns-3-users
If any other question had resolved this, please reply me with url ,thank u(I searched but get nothing helpful)    :)

在 2015年12月18日星期五 UTC+8上午3:23:15,xzl...@hotmail.com写道:

Konstantinos

Dec 17, 2015, 2:40:41 PM12/17/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Have you studied the tutorial? It explains about tracing and collecting date.
Ping application is used in couple of the examples provided in NS-3, one being the /src/aodv/examples/aodv.cc
Ping provides a nice formatted output (similar to the ping on your pc) if configured to verbose output ,

Regards,
K.

xzl...@hotmail.com

Dec 17, 2015, 2:53:58 PM12/17/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

thx for your answering me in time :)

I have read about tutorials and learned about tracing data.
thx again that you provide me a example,I'm reading now.

Jdcrew

在 2015年12月18日星期五 UTC+8上午3:40:41,Konstantinos写道:

xzl...@hotmail.com

Dec 17, 2015, 3:30:15 PM12/17/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,
K.

Here comes another question,how can I simulate the scenario which runs a normal network traffic
I need to compare the case with heavy network  traffic to a normal one.
Looking forward to your reply     :)
Jdcrew

在 2015年12月18日星期五 UTC+8上午3:40:41,Konstantinos写道:
Hi,

Konstantinos

Dec 17, 2015, 6:02:10 PM12/17/15
to ns-3-users
First you have to define what is normal and what is heavy network traffic.
Then you simply create that traffic and the way to generate traffic is explained in the tutorial.
You can use different types of applications (constant bit rate, variable, TCP, UDP)
It all depends on your scenario specifications.

K.

xzl...@hotmail.com

Dec 18, 2015, 5:43:05 AM12/18/15
to ns-3-users

In my scenario , a normal network traffic means network traffic introduced by daily life,but a heavy traffic may be generated by a ddos attack or malicious software occupied the resources of network.

In past scenario I compared static network which would send nothing to remote node to a normal network,now I think this may too stupid and it will convince nobody.

Do you have any suggestion about the scenario?or some tips about it.

Thank you for any reply.

:)
Jdcrew

在 2015年12月18日星期五 UTC+8上午7:02:10,Konstantinos写道:

Konstantinos

Dec 18, 2015, 5:53:11 AM12/18/15
to ns-3-users
You have to investigate what normal mean, how much is daily traffic? in other words, how many connections, how many packets/sec etc
Similarly for DDOS traffic.
If you study the relevant literature you would be able to find scenario descriptions for it.

xzl...@hotmail.com

Dec 18, 2015, 6:05:30 AM12/18/15
to ns-3-users

Thank you !
I have got your idea , I could define a more smooth network traffic similar to our daily life,So I may need to define a general throughput to describe what I have mentioned.
Thank you again !
:)

Jdcrew

在 2015年12月18日星期五 UTC+8下午6:53:11,Konstantinos写道:

zhao-lei Xiong

Dec 19, 2015, 1:27:16 PM12/19/15
to ns-3-users
Hi, K

May I change the count of Ping packets?
It seems only send 15 packets in my scenario.
I guess there is an Attribute link with this.

Jdcrew

在 2015年12月18日星期五 UTC+8下午6:53:11,Konstantinos写道:
You have to investigate what normal mean, how much is daily traffic? in other words, how many connections, how many packets/sec etc

Konstantinos

Dec 19, 2015, 1:36:49 PM12/19/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

There is no attribute for the number of ping packets sent, but you can control the interval and the duration of the ping, which impact the number of packets.
You can find the list of all available attributes here https://www.nsnam.org/docs/doxygen/_attribute_list.html

zhao-lei Xiong

Dec 19, 2015, 1:51:50 PM12/19/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,K
You are right.
I have found what u mentioned Attribute ("Interval").
and I succeed.
:)
Thank you ! You help me a lot !

Jdcrew

在 2015年12月20日星期日 UTC+8上午2:36:49,Konstantinos写道: