output in LTE

Yuxiang Shen

Aug 25, 2014, 10:07:10 AM8/25/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
I have read the LTE Documentation and known that using EnableTraces i could get some output file in phy,mac,rlc layer. But do these files directly or indirectly include all the information that the user need? For example, as stated in my last post, i'd like to find the resource block allocation of eNB. It's an issue about scheduling, so i check it in the mac output file. But unfortunately i couldn't find any useful information to demonstrate the allocation map. I'd like to know whether the method of Logging Component is also important in LTE? With Wifi i have tried to log some components(like Channel) and got much useful information(like Prx and so on). Anyone has an idea? Thank you for taking the time. I'm working on it for some time but still not very clear, so i'd like to know if i'm on the right way.

Mahesh Tammineedi

Aug 26, 2014, 1:25:33 AM8/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hello everyone,
 iam doing project in "handover in femtocells based two tier network in LTE" in NS3. can anybody tell how to see the graphical output of "lena-dual-stripe" example in LTE

Mahesh Tammineedi

Nicola Baldo

Aug 27, 2014, 5:46:50 AM8/27/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuxiang,

I have read the LTE Documentation and known that using EnableTraces i could get some output file in phy,mac,rlc layer. But do these files directly or indirectly include all the information that the user need? For example, as stated in my last post, i'd like to find the resource block allocation of eNB. It's an issue about scheduling, so i check it in the mac output file. But unfortunately i couldn't find any useful information to demonstrate the allocation map.

you're right, the resource block allocation map chosen by the LTE MAC scheduler for each TTI is not part of the currently supported output traces. I agree that it would be a very useful addition! Patches welcome :-)

I'd like to know whether the method of Logging Component is also important in LTE? With Wifi i have tried to log some components(like Channel) and got much useful information(like Prx and so on).

What do you mean by asking "is logging important"? The answer is highly subjective...
Anyway, you can get information on the resource block allocation chosen by the LTE MAC scheduler by turning on logging for the particular LTE MAC scheduler you are using.

Nicola Baldo

Aug 27, 2014, 5:49:30 AM8/27/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:34:03 AM UTC+2, Mahesh Tammineedi wrote:
 iam doing project in "handover in femtocells based two tier network in LTE" in NS3. can anybody tell how to see the graphical output of "lena-dual-stripe" example in LTE

PLEASE:
  • post questions in a relevant thread
  • don't post the same question twice
  • read the docs before asking, chances are that you'll find the answer