Explanation of these codes

Ayman M Alrehaili

Dec 17, 2015, 11:39:31 AM12/17/15
to ns-3-users
Hi group members

  Can anyone explain  in detal the flowing codes on ns-3

static const uint32_t totalTxBytes = 10000000;
static const uint32_t sendBufSize  = 14000;
static const uint32_t recvBufSize  = 2000;
static uint32_t currentTxBytes     = 0;
static const double simDuration    = 360000000.0;

and how I can Know the type of the traffci which using in any simulation code

Konstantinos

Dec 17, 2015, 11:47:47 AM12/17/15
to ns-3-users
Hi Ayman,

Your first question shows that your programming skills are close to zero.
I would recommend to study a good C++ primer to get some basic knowledge.

To answer your question, these are just variables defined for your scenario.
They do not mean anything without any context, i.e. how/where you use it.
The names may be representative of their use, for example totalTxBytes would be expected to be used as a control on how many bytes you want to transmit.
But without the context on where it is used, that is just a speculation.
That's because I have seen people naming one variable "X" and assigning to a context "Y".

Your second question is even more cryptic. What do you mean with traffic used in simulation code?