staistics of FlowMonitor and pcap file for UDP Tx/RxPackets are not the same!

Karim Moradi

Apr 1, 2018, 2:58:19 PM4/1/18
to ns-3-users
Hi everybody

I implemented a very simple wifi ad-hoc network. It just consists of three nodes. The UdpClientHelper and UdpServerHelper were used. I am concerning about the number of UDP packets which is sent by node 0 to node 2. The YansWifiPhyHelper is used for Phy-level and it is enabled to save pcap files. The number of sending packets in FlowMonitor is almost half of it in pcap files. For example, when the sending packets is 1800 in FlowMonitor, the wireshark shows 3603 UDP packets which was sent from 0 to 2. I don't know where the issue is. Additionally, the number of receiving packets are equal in Whireshark and FlowMonitor report. I also used device and node for pcap generation and the result didn't change.

I also need to analyze broadcast packets. I know the FlowMonitor don't do that. This is the reason I saved the pcap files. Now, I am not sure the number of broadcast packets are reliable now or not. For instance, I don't know the number of broadcast packets which is used by AODS in purpose of routing is correct or not.

Thanks in advance
SimpleWifiLimitedAccessThreeNodes.cc