LTE UE categories in ns-3

Salwa Saafi

Apr 10, 2020, 4:17:03 PM4/10/20
to ns-3-users
Hello,

I have a question about the UE categories and capabilities in ns-3 (3GPP TS 36.306).

Is there a default category that is implemented for all UEs, or, as mentioned in the part below I took from ns-3 documentation, there is no implementation yet for UE capabilities in ns-3?

"In order to simplify the implementation, the UE Capability Inquiry and UE Capability Information are not implemented. This implies to assume that each UE can support the carrier aggregation, and any specific configuration provided by the eNB to which is attached."

Thanks in advance for replying me.
Salwa.

Zoraze Ali

Apr 16, 2020, 8:26:52 AM4/16/20
to ns-3-users
Hi Salwa,

You understood right. There is no implementation for UE capabilities.

Kind regards,
Zoraze

Salwa Saafi

Apr 26, 2020, 9:35:19 AM4/26/20