New to NS-3. Hope for advice of building a new layer.

Rui Yang

Sep 28, 2017, 11:03:49 PM9/28/17
to ns-3-users
Hi All,

I'm new to NS-3 and I want to build some algorithms on top of the application layer, such as gossiping messages. Currently, I don't need to change any of the five layers but only set the network topology. In the future, I might need to change something of the five layers, so I still want to simulate with NS-3.

The tutorial examples (like first.cc) are for topology design, but not building algorithms on top of application layers, so I wonder whether there is any example code or sources could help.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
-Rui

Drew_Drw

Sep 30, 2017, 6:05:11 AM9/30/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Rui,

I am also having some trouble encapsulating modified application layers
into an ns3 executable. Especially as far as the linking part is concerned.
Maybe someone could provide us with some support

Τη Παρασκευή, 29 Σεπτεμβρίου 2017 - 6:03:49 π.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Rui Yang
έγραψε: