NS_LOG export

Mikael Priamuda

Nov 24, 2014, 9:48:26 AM11/24/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. i would like to calculate convergence time in OLSR. And i need to know how does OLSR works using NS_LOG. But, i want to export the NS_LOG to be txt file. Can anyone help me?

Konstantinos

Nov 24, 2014, 10:00:30 AM11/24/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How to use NS_LOS is explained in the tutorial.

You can select to log only the OLSR component.

Also, to print this output to a file, you just re-direct it (also mentioned in the tutorial, same section)
$ ./waf --run scratch/myfirst > log.out 2>&1

Having answered your questions, I would recommend NOT to use it to calculate convergence and generally do not use NS_LOG for analysis.
Study the documentation regarding tracing. It should be more efficient.

Mikael Priamuda

Nov 25, 2014, 5:23:23 AM11/25/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks  Konstantinos for the answer. I will try your suggestion.

Hassan

Dec 4, 2014, 10:54:18 PM12/4/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to turn on NS_LOG for a specific node rather than logging information for every node?

pdbarnes

Dec 4, 2014, 11:41:23 PM12/4/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
No. Logging is controlled at the source code file level, so typically you turn on logging for the protocol implemented in the file, independent I any nodes.

For a specific node use Tracing, as Konstantinos suggested.

Peter