Can UE Receive Both Signal From Access Point and eNB ?

Adi Paramartha

Oct 24, 2016, 12:06:58 AM10/24/16
to ns-3-users
Hey, im new in NS3, still studying in handover from LTE to Wifi.

Can the UE receive both signal from AP and eNB ? How can we do that ?

If we can receive it, its mean we can move the traffic from LTE to Wifi or from Wifi to LTE ?

Thanks for helping :D

Tommaso Pecorella

Oct 24, 2016, 4:15:32 AM10/24/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

answers in-line.

On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 6:06:58 AM UTC+2, Adi Paramartha wrote:
Hey, im new in NS3, still studying in handover from LTE to Wifi.

Can the UE receive both signal from AP and eNB ? How can we do that ?

Yes, with 2 different NetDevices (2 different radio devices, like a real UE).

If we can receive it, its mean we can move the traffic from LTE to Wifi or from Wifi to LTE ?

Yes, with an appropriate handover technique. Study the various IP mobility protocols.

Have fun,

T.