ns-3 can not find tcp-testcases

Ehsan Hemmati

Jul 17, 2015, 1:51:44 PM7/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I use ns-3.23 and I followed all the steps in tutorial and I enabled the tests using :
"./waf configure --build-profile=debug --out=build/debug --enable-examples --enable-tests"

but when I try to run tcp-testcases: "./waf --run "tcp-testcases --testcase=n" ns-3 says "program 'tcp-testcases' not found"

What should I do?

Best,
Ehsan

Konstantinos

Jul 17, 2015, 3:23:49 PM7/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, e.he...@gmail.com
Hi Ehsan,

Please study the documentation related to testing
https://www.nsnam.org/docs/manual/html/test-framework.html

In order to run tests you should use the test.py

Regards,
K.

Ehsan Hemmati

Jul 17, 2015, 6:20:42 PM7/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, e.he...@gmail.com
Thanks Konstantinos
But here: "https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/New_TCP_Socket_Architecture#Running_the_test_program" says we can run it and get the output by ./waf --run "tcp-testcases --testcase=n" command

Konstantinos

Jul 17, 2015, 7:05:35 PM7/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, e.he...@gmail.com
Hi,

I am not sure that this is still valid.
The wiki page is nearly 5yr old. Many things have changed since.
Please follow the manual of the ns-3 release that you are using.

Regards,
K.

pdbarnes

Jul 17, 2015, 8:23:49 PM7/17/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
To find out what test cases are available and other options,

$ ./waf --run "test-runner --help"

Peter

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 18, 2015, 2:14:37 AM7/18/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think there's a big misunderstanding here. The wiki page says:
Verification
The most recent patch set in http://codereview.appspot.com/1702042 included a verification program. In this section, the result of the verification program is presented to show the detail of TCP operation.

Running the test program
There are two test programs in the patch set. They checks (1) the operation of TCP state machine (tcp-testcases); and (2) the behaviour of TCP upon packet losses (tcp-loss-response). Both test program are resided in directory example/tcp.
Synopsis for tcp-test-cases
 ./waf --run "tcp-testcases --testcase=n"

The "verification" program never made into the main ns-3 codebase, and being 5 years old, I strongly doubt that it will work without modifications.

T.

Tom Henderson

Jul 18, 2015, 2:14:25 PM7/18/15
On 07/17/2015 04:05 PM, Konstantinos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure that this is still valid.
> The wiki page is nearly 5yr old. Many things have changed since.
> Please follow the manual of the ns-3 release that you are using.

I've added a note to the wiki page to deprecate the information there.