[LENA] RLC AM mode

Oviedo

Jul 18, 2016, 3:30:15 PM7/18/16
to ns-3-users
Dear NS-3 community,

An interesting behaviour of the LTE RLC under AM observed from the DlRlcStats.txt trace: Rx Bytes/ PDUs in every epoch is greater than Tx Bytes/ PDUs.

Please find attached script, which is basically one of the given examples namely lena-simple-epc.cc, but switched to RLC AM mode by adding the following line:

 Config::SetDefault ("ns3::LteEnbRrc::EpsBearerToRlcMapping", EnumValue (ns3::LteEnbRrc::RLC_AM_ALWAYS));

I also attach the output traces, but to save your time, I'm keen to point out that only the DlRlcStats.txt is of interested here. Latest release of NS-3 was used to generate this results.

Any advice will be extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance for taking a look of this post.

Best regards
RO
lena-simple-epc.cc
DlMacStats.txt
DlPdcpStats.txt
DlRlcStats.txt
DlRsrpSinrStats.txt
DlRxPhyStats.txt
DlTxPhyStats.txt

Manuel Requena

Jul 19, 2016, 7:02:09 AM7/19/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Which version of ns-3 you are using?
Have you tried the latests ns-3-dev release?

Best regards,
Manuel

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Oviedo

Jul 19, 2016, 8:43:25 AM7/19/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Manuel,

I use ns-3.25, and I just tried on ns-3-dev and the problem is gone in the simple script I attached in the last post.

Would it bother you too much to give any hint on why the problem exists in ns-3.25? Any relevant updates that haven't been incorporated in release 3.25 that could cause this?

My only concern is whether there's any updates that would impact the results I obtained (mainly UM mode though) from ns-3.25, wondering if I should re-run all of them in ns-3-dev.

Thank you very much for your advice, really appreciated.

Best regards
RO

Harsh Patel

Jun 28, 2023, 7:19:37 PM6/28/23
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I would like to point out that I am using ns-3 mmWave (v3.38) and I see similar behavior. The total number of bytes Rx is greater than Tx at the RLC layer. I see this with multiple random seed values for the same example. I am using a simple UDP application. I can share more details and logs if necessary.

If anyone understands the reasoning behind this, can you please share some light on the matter?

Thanks & Regards,
Harsh Patel