QoS wifi OnOffApplication

sean hughes

Feb 23, 2016, 2:40:59 PM2/23/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I'm trying to set up QoS on my wifi using 802.11e.

onoff.SetAttribute("AccessClass", UintegerValue(6));

I'm using the OnOffApplication and have edited both the OnOffApplication.cc and OnOffApplication.h file to include the QoS setting etc.

Ptr<Packet> packet = Create<Packet> (packetSize);

  QosTag qosTag;
  qosTag.SetTid (6); //For VoIP
  packet->AddPacketTag (qosTag);

  socket->Send (packet);

I've read through every post on here about possible solutions to the following error

./libns3.24-applications-debug.so: undefined reference to `vtable for ns3::QosTag'
./libns3.24-applications-debug.so: undefined reference to `ns3::QosTag::SetTid(unsigned char)'
./libns3.24-applications-debug.so: undefined reference to `ns3::QosTag::QosTag()'
./libns3.24-applications-debug.so: undefined reference to `ns3::QosTag::QosTag(unsigned char)'

Konstantinos has suggested on another thread to edit the wscript file and include

module = bld.create_ns3_module('applications', ['internet', 'config-store','stats', 'wifi'])

but doing so throws "ns3 Cycle detected in the use processing..." error.

Could anyone suggest how to overcome this problem?

Appreciate any guidance.

sean hughes

Feb 23, 2016, 2:48:14 PM2/23/16
to ns-3-users
Here's my 2 OnOffApplication files
onoff-application.cc
onoff-application.h

Konstantinos

Feb 23, 2016, 3:40:51 PM2/23/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Applications module was a dependency in WIFI (without any proper reason).
This has been fixed in the latest ns-3 release (try with ns-3-dev for now).
With this fix, you would be able to have the wifi as dependency in applications without cycle..

Regards,
K.

sean hughes

Feb 23, 2016, 5:43:02 PM2/23/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konstantinos,

thanks for your reply I'm currently working on version 3.24 I downloaded last October,
is there links to patch's or how would I update it?

Kind regards,
Sean

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Konstantinos

sean hughes

hongyu deng

Feb 27, 2017, 10:09:15 PM2/27/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Sean,

Do you solve this issue? I follow the answer of Konstantinos, but it doesn't work.
The error is same!

BR,
Hong.

hongyu deng

Mar 1, 2017, 6:30:51 AM3/1/17
to ns-3-users
I sloved it and now it works.

Need to change
obj = bld.create_ns3_module('wifi', ['network', 'internet', 'applications', 'propagation', 'energy']) to obj = bld.create_ns3_module('wifi', ['network',  'propagation', 'energy']) in src/wifi wscript.
And change
module = bld.create_ns3_module('applications', ['internet', 'config-store','stats']) to module = bld.create_ns3_module('applications', ['internet', 'config-store','stats','wifi']) in src/application wscript.