udp-socket-impl.h not found after installation

Joan Adrià Ruiz de Azua Ortega

Apr 30, 2019, 10:54:56 AM4/30/19
to ns-3-users
Hi everybody,

I have been developing applications in the NS3 context, and I found an issue related to the #include of the file udp-socket-impl.h; In particular, the compilation error that appears is the following one:

fatal error: ns3/udp-socket-impl.h: No such file or directory

I have reviewed the /include folder in the installation path, and in effect this file is not installed. However, the file is stored in the ns-3.29/src/internet/model folder of the 3.29 package (the downloaded one). It seems thus that the installation process fails to install these files in the corresponding folder. I have pursuit the following installation procedure:

2 - $ cd ns-3.29
3 - $ ./waf -d debug configure --enable-mpi --disable-python --prefix=/opt/nsnam
4 - $ ./waf
5 - $ sudo ./waf install

Is possible that a bug exists in the waf file?

Thank you very much!

pdbarnes

May 3, 2019, 11:17:49 AM5/3/19
to ns-3-users
Some includes for internal implementation are NOT installed in the build directory since they are not part of the public API.

In this case the public API should all be in udp-socket.h. (or something like that, don’t have access to the code atm). In general you shouldn’t need to include any -impl.h files.

Peter

Joan Adrià Ruiz de Azua Ortega

May 7, 2019, 11:42:55 AM5/7/19
to ns-3-users
Dear Peter,

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I have used the corresponding SocketFactory to create the implementation.

do I have to close the topic?

Best,

Joan

pdbarnes

May 19, 2019, 2:44:09 PM5/19/19
to ns-3-users
If a particular reply was helpful you could click on the check mark ✅ to help others. We usually leave topics open in case other users have similar issues and need to follow up.

Peter