how to implement MME?

Vaison

Jan 12, 2015, 12:26:58 PM1/12/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I'm starting with ns-3 and I'm trying to figure out where is MME in LENA-EPC... If I'm not wrong the pointer to GetPgwNode it means that we are going to implement a PGW and SGW at the same time that's true? I would like to create a simple scenario with 1 UE - 1 eNodeB - 1 MME - 1 SGW - 1 PGW - Internet (Remote host)

So... Looking LENA-EPC I can see UE, eNodeBs, Remote host (internet) and if I'm not wrong PGW/SGW, but I didn't see any MME... and I would like to implement separately a SGW and a PGW I mean I would like to create two different nodes. I already read
http://lena.cttc.es/manual/
http://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/lte-user.html

Looking in point-to-point library I found m_mme class but I dunno how to use it or how to implement it....
http://www.nsnam.org/doxygen/classns3_1_1_point_to_point_epc_helper.html#ad0122152a7b0f7a50d3f7d94071cfd9d

Someone can tell me any solution or give me any other link to follow an explanation about that... I also look for in that group but I didn't see any topic/thread (I've looked for badly?)

Regards,

~V

Vaison

Jan 15, 2015, 5:06:55 AM1/15/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Please... someone could help/explain me?

Regards,

~V

Konstantinos

Jan 15, 2015, 5:34:34 AM1/15/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vaison,

MME is implemented in the LTE EPC as explained in the LTE documentation. It is a logical unit (a NS3 object) providing the required functionality. No need to implement it yourself.
http://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.21/models/html/lte-design.html#epc-control-plane

I would recommend to watch the LTE video presentations http://networks.cttc.es/mobile-networks/video-gallery/lena/ for more information related to design.

Also, as explained in the documentation, PGW and SGW are implemented on a single physical node. I do not think that splitting them is an easy task, it would require significant code refactoring.

P Nagpal

Feb 23, 2016, 1:30:08 PM2/23/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Valson,

Were you able to implement the MME? If yes, I was wondering if I can ask you some of my doubts? (also, I am sure you would've looked at lena-simple-epc-emu).

Thanks,
Pri