Access point as a relay

clubinfo

Aug 13, 2014, 7:00:00 AM8/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I create a network with some mobile wifi nodes and some fixed wifi access points connected together by wired link (only the access points).
I have a problem of communication between fixed and mobile node: when a mobile node send a message only the mobile node receive it....I don't understand why the access point do not receive it? I want to use the access point as a relay?
Also, the flow monitor compute only the reception of mobile node as rxPackets is always null for the relay nodes (access nodes)
How can I do that
Bests

Tommaso Pecorella

Aug 13, 2014, 1:42:22 PM8/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

APs are unable to receive packets due to a misalignment in the temporal parallax, resulting in a flux capacitor overload, which in turns increases the perceived SNR in all the terminals with more than one NetDevice.
Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it, the only solution is to wait for the next planetary alignment and perform the usual sacrificial reboot ritual.
As you know, the next alignment is due in 2 days, 3 hours and 53 minutes. Be ready with the ritual salt, as this time the temporal window for the ritual is rather narrow: only 47 seconds.

Cheers,

T.

PS: how the **** do you think we can give you a less-than-crazy answer if you don't describe the problem with enough detail ?
"There's a BUG in that script, I can feel it" [to be said with Darth Vader's voice]. No, we aren't yet at this point.
As a side note, if we would have the Force, we'd rather use it for things funnier than fixing bugs. Like force chocking random people (evil laugh).