DCE - msg="No main method found in executable file "

Mohammad Abu Shattal

Jul 16, 2015, 10:16:31 AM7/16/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I have this error in sniffer.c, I compiled and run the program under ubuntu. However, when I follow the instruction to compile for DCE. I received the follwoing error:

assert failed. cond="main", msg="No main method found in executable file '/home/mas/dce2015/bake2/
source/ns-3-dce/build/bin_dce/sniffer'.", file=../model/dce-manager.cc, line=262
terminate called without an active exception

I checked the libpcap-dev for my installation based on dicussion in
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/ns-3-users/ccnx$20problem/ns-3-users/Ns5E8AM8pA4/-PSvo9466HAJ
it is already installed and up to date.
OS: ubuntu 14.04
DCE: 1.5
Any ideas?
thanks

Mohammad Abu Shattal

Jul 16, 2015, 2:51:20 PM7/16/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I figured out that this problem has been addressed as a bug by Hajime.
solution suggested is to add -rdynamic during compilation of C code
I did it like this and worked fine:
gcc -fPIC -rdynamic -c foo.c
gcc -o foo -rdynamic -pie -c foo.o
Thank you Hajime!