NetAnim: Problem with wireless simulations

ahmed.gh...@gmail.com

May 3, 2017, 4:44:52 AM5/3/17
to ns-3-users
Hi ns-3-users,

With wired communications, NetAnim is working efficiently; showing packets and other details... But, in wireless ones, I don't know why the packets aren't coming out and in from nodes. As a notice, I'm working with lr-wpan. I don't think that there is a problem with my NetAnim version.

Thank you in advance :) !

Varun Reddy

May 3, 2017, 3:57:27 PM5/3/17
to ns-3-users
It may be possible that the nodes cannot hear one another (nodes are far apart, transmit power is too low, path loss is too high). You'll have to verify that the conditions are suitable for wireless transmission.

Also check if you have configured the AP correctly.

Konstantinos

May 3, 2017, 5:40:30 PM5/3/17
to ns-3-users
The issue is in the support of NetAnim with respect to IPv6
From the latest version (NetAnim 3.107) you can get this:
  • Animate packets over wired-links and wireless-links (Limited support for LTE traces. No support for Ipv6)
and LR-WPAN uses IPv6. Hence, that's why you can't see it

Regards,

ahmed.gh...@gmail.com

May 4, 2017, 5:59:19 AM5/4/17
to ns-3-users
Thank you so much ! you've been a great help !