Routing packets on Cluster-based overlay

Ali Dorri

Sep 4, 2016, 8:09:02 PM9/4/16
to ns-3-users

Dear all,

I am working on NS3 to make a clustered overlay network. At first I need to cluster nodes, which I’ve done using start-server example and I think I can create link between cluster heads using matrix example.

My question is how to route packets? I have a node in one cluster which wants to send a request for another node in another cluster (or its own cluster). How can I set the destination? How can I route the packets? Shall I put the destination in my own header and then in the cluster head (all nodes are connected to cluster head by one hop) extract the destination and lookup the IP in the routing table of cluster head? (I am using global routing), and if so, how can I extract the socket and the netdevice corresponded to the destination from the routing table?

Another question is that shall I connect all sockets to cluster heads? I mean, each node shall have a socket to its own cluster head always, and cluster head will have one to its own peers. Am I right?

I appreciate your help.

regards

木木心

Jul 1, 2024, 11:02:47 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to ns-3-users
Hello, I have also encountered similar problems as you did before, may I ask if you have solved them? If you can provide me with more help, I will be very grateful to you

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 2, 2024, 10:46:05 AM (2 days ago) Jul 2
to ns-3-users
@1350204126 - Shall I point out that the thread you're replying to is almost 8 years old?

If you have a question please do it in a new thread - and remember that "similar problems" do not exist.