LTE MIMO Model gains

RKS

Mar 31, 2017, 12:05:43 AM3/31/17
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone,
   Could anyone please explain how the gains (absolute numbers) for different LTE Tx Modes calculated ? The description of the MIMO model and the reference CatreuxMIMO, considers different MIMO schemes, (specially for multiplexing like ZF, MMSE, etc) and provides the CDF of the output SINR gains with respect to SISO SINR. But I was wondering how these values were used to calculate the absolute number (4.2 for TxMode-2 and -2.8 for TxMode-3) ?

b) For the TxMode 3, what MIMO scheme is considered?

c) Can I get the mean and variance value for the case of 4*4 SM MIMO ? I'm assuming the values given in the description (https://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/lte-design.html#mimo-model) is for 2*2 SM MIMO.

thanks
rks