Michał Piech

Mar 28, 2019, 7:54:53 AM3/28/19
to ns-3-users

Thanks for your contribution to development of ns3 802.11ah module.
I am now doing research using this solution and it works really well.

I performed multiple experiments configuring the simulation scenario bundles provided on project's github. However I also wanted to work with grouping mechanisms. As specified in "Implementation and Validation of an IEEE 802.11ah Module for ns-3" and "Extension of the IEEE 802.11ah ns-3 Simulation Module" this should be achieved by fine-tuning the interaction between RAWConfigurationInterface & Ap/StaWifiMac.

I wanted to first start with TAROA which you proposed in "Real-Time Station Grouping under Dynamic Traffic for IEEE 802.11ah" and progress to "IEEE 802.11ah Restricted Access Window Surrogate Model for Real-Time Station Grouping" eventually my own schemas. I believe main functionality described in TAROA article is in s1g-raw-control.cc : for example EstimateTransmissionInterval seems to implement 'Algorithm 1: Estimate transmission interval of station s ∈ S' Also S1gRawCtr::UdpateSensorStaInfo looks important.

Anyway, could you please give me some hints on how to switch from static-RAWconfig to dynamic use of S1gRawCtr ?

The code base is large for me and it feels difficult to navigate through it.

Best Regards,

Michał Piech