Task scheduling and Node Selection in application layer

Hassam Mughal

Dec 1, 2019, 1:01:53 AM12/1/19
to ns-3-users
Greetings Everyone!

I am trying to simulate a resource allocation scheme in mobile ad hoc cloud computing environment. The mobile nodes can communicate simultaneously using multiple wireless communication interfaces. In order to compute the data transfer time on each wireless interface of self and other nodes in range, I need to monitor the data rate continuously. I tried to get current data rate through data rate trace in Wifi Managers i.e. MinstrelHT, Aparf, Aarf and so on. But the trace was not fired. I was able to get the data rate value from WifiTxVector.GetMode().GetDataRate() method in YansWifiPhy class, but to get this value in my scenario or application class (manet-routing-compare.cc) was not possible through traces. So, I finally used the packet tags to get the data-rate value in manet-routing-compare.cc.

However, I need to monitor not just other node's data rate after receiving the packet, but I also need to monitor the source node's data rate initially. Not only this, each wireless interface (3 in my case) data rate needs to be measured on self and the other nodes. In such a case, what should be the way to develop the task scheduling scheme and the network monitoring scheme?

Any guidance or help in this regard will be highly appreciated. I request all the senior and experienced developers to guide me or provide some hints that will make it possible for me to contribute to the NS-3 community and present this as a module for the future researchers in the field of resource allocation schemes in mobile ad hoc cloud or mobile edge cloud or fog computing paradigms.

Thanks
Best Regards,
Hassam