Easy way to run multiple independent runs with different seeds / run numbers

Satyanarayana Vusirikala

Jun 20, 2015, 7:45:38 PM6/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

    I need to run some simulation experiments multiple times and do statistical aggregation of results. The simulation uses random variable stream. Instead of running simulation multiple times by changing seeds manually, is there any easy way to run multiple simulations with changing seeds.

pdbarnes

Jun 20, 2015, 8:36:50 PM6/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
The right way to do this is by changing Run numbers, using CommandLine. See the manual section on random numbers and the tutorial section on the CommandLine.

Peter

Satyanarayana

Jun 20, 2015, 9:01:40 PM6/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. you are correct. But, even that would be tedious if I want to run the simulation for 100s of times. In there is no way to automate the process in code?

On 20 June 2015 at 17:36, pdbarnes <pd...@mac.com> wrote:
The right way to do this is by changing Run numbers, using CommandLine. See the manual section on random numbers and the tutorial section on the CommandLine.

Peter

Satya Narayana
B.tech third year
Major : Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
Minor : Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Email id : vusir...@iitg.ernet.in
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Satya_Vusirikala

pdbarnes

Jun 20, 2015, 9:12:28 PM6/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Sure. You can invoke the executable from a shell script. Or you can make multiple calls to Simulator::Run (). There's an example that does this.

Peter