Is there any possibility to integrate SaVi with ns-3?

igs...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2021, 12:00:40 PM11/27/21
to ns-3-users
Mr. Tom and all

I recently came to know that Mr. Tom integrated LEO satellite simulation code with the ns simulator (ns-2). And then Lloyd Wood improved it.

Long back, I experimented with your scripts - it was the only solution for simulating satellite network at that time.

My Question is:
Is there any possibility to integrate  SaVi (satellite constellation visualization) with ns-3?

I mean, is there any way to use SaVi as a visualization tool to visualize 3D Satellite network Simulations of ns-3?

Is there any other 3D tool that can be used along with ns-3 to visualize Satellite Networks?

Charles Pandian.

Tom Henderson

Nov 27, 2021, 12:16:25 PM11/27/21
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 11/27/21 9:00 AM, igs...@gmail.com wrote:
> Mr. Tom and all
>
> I recently came to know that Mr. Tom integrated LEO satellite simulation
> code with the ns simulator (ns-2). And then Lloyd Wood improved it
> <http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/ns/sat-plot-scripts/>.
>
> Long back, I experimented
> <https://www.projectguideline.com/simulating-satellites-and-satellite-constellations-using-ns2-and-other-tools/>
> with your scripts - it was the only solution for simulating satellite
> network at that time.
>
> My Question is:
> Is there any possibility to integrate SaVi
> <https://savi.sourceforge.io/> (satellite constellation visualization)
> with ns-3?
>
> I mean, is there any way to use SaVi as a visualization tool to
> visualize 3D Satellite network Simulations of ns-3?

I don't see any fundamental reason why SaVi could not be used with ns-3,
but I'm not aware of such work.

> Is there any other 3D tool that can be used along with ns-3 to visualize
> Satellite Networks?

I do not have any experience with the below, but recently learned about
it; it uses a visualization tool called 'satviz' instead of savi.

https://github.com/snkas/hypatia

- Tom