MBSFN for LTE in ns-3.21

Alex Bloor

Apr 4, 2015, 2:54:17 PM4/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to inform my UEs not to transmit during the second half of each radio frame. My goal is to perform some time-division multiplexing for UE transmissions. As I understand LTE, a multicast-broadcast single-frequency network (MBSFN) frame can communicate this to the UE, but I wasn't able to find the feature in ns-3.21.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could go about implementing time-division multiplexing?
(e.g. I might be able to get away with switching transmit power between its regular value and zero every 5ms?)

Regards,
Alex Bloor

Konstantinos

Apr 4, 2015, 4:09:46 PM4/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There had been a code for MBMS in NS-3 here (http://mailman.isi.edu/pipermail/ns-developers/2013-June/011209.html)
It is based on ns-3.17 so it would need some work to port it in the latest ns-3 release as the LTE module has changed significantly since.
I do not know if it has implemented the MBSFN frame though.