Failed to change the value of PreambleTransMax in LteEnbMac

KY Lin

May 1, 2018, 2:33:52 AM5/1/18
to ns-3-users
Hello all,
    I'm trying to adjust the max number of preamble which UE is allowed to send to eNB from 50 to 10 in LTE module.

    According to my understanding, after I change the default value of PreambleTransMax in LteEnbMac::GetTypeId(),
    the eNB RRC layer would pass the value to UE through SIB.
    Then, if UE didn't receive the RAR, it would check the m_preambleTransmissionCounter which is influenced by the preambleTransMax, the value UE got from the
    SIB.

    However, even if I change the default value of PreambleTransMax in LteEnbMac::GetTypeId() or use the following code:
    Config::SetDefault("ns3::LteEnb::PreambleTransMax",UintegerValue(10));
    The log file still show the UEs could send more than 10 preambles to eNB and would not enter NotifyRandomAccessFailed function.

    Is there any wrong in my understanding? I really appreciate for any help!! Thanks a lot.

KY Lin

May 1, 2018, 11:27:53 PM5/1/18
to ns-3-users
Hello all,

    I had found the mistake. Thanks for help.

KY Lin於 2018年5月1日星期二 UTC+8下午2時33分52秒寫道: