LogComponentEnable & Flowmonitor result(OnOffApplication).

Chi Wei Shen

Oct 12, 2017, 10:49:03 AM10/12/17
to ns-3-users

Hello everyone,I use OnOffApplication generate traffic.

But I found that when I use MaxBytes, the transmission traffic did not reach the default value.

First,when MaxBytes = 200Mbytes,Flowmonitor presented the results, only received 82Mbytes.

Secondly, because i think the result is wrong, so I used 「LogComponentEnable ("OnOffApplication", LOG_LEVEL_ALL)」 confirm that the transmission traffic has indeed reached the default value of MaxBytes.

Why is this happening?

(Wifi with lte are the same problem.)

wifi_exp.cc
lte_exp.cc

pdbarnes

Oct 12, 2017, 10:43:31 PM10/12/17
to ns-3-users
Is 16s long enough to get 200MB through your device?

Peter

Chi Wei Shen

Oct 12, 2017, 11:00:35 PM10/12/17
to ns-3-users
Hello Peter.
Using 『LogComponentEnable』is really 16 seconds, but the same set in the flowmonitor but not the same transmission traffic.
Or is it wrong in setting or cognition?

pdbarnes

Oct 15, 2017, 2:29:39 PM10/15/17
to ns-3-users
I'm sorry I don't understand your last email. Could you please restate your comment and questions?

Thanks,
Peter

Chi Wei Shen

Oct 15, 2017, 11:32:02 PM10/15/17
to ns-3-users
Thank you reply,Peter
My main problem is that I set maxbytes = 1Gbytes, but the results of flowmonitor did not reach 1Gbytes.
The simulation of the time stretched, or even more than 1Gbytes, and will not reach 1G when the stop.
So I would like to ask how to solve?Maxbytes have limited values?

pdbarnes

Oct 17, 2017, 1:26:06 PM10/17/17
to ns-3-users
It looks like your server stop time, 16s, is too short, by an order of magnitude even. Your application data volume at the nominal signaling rate is 20 s, but you use a shared CSMA channel. In real life getting 10% of the signaling bandwidth out of CSMA is doing pretty well.

Peter