Link error in Orbis (Topology generators)

Jelline

Apr 23, 2014, 9:33:02 AM4/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Nice day. While compiling the Orbis tools (make Makefile), there is  a link error caused by "undefined reference to", like this:

/tmp/cczBYYft.o: In function `validation_error':
/usr/local/include/boost/program_options/errors.hpp:372: undefined reference to `boost::program_options::validation_error::get_template(boost::program_options::validation_error::kind_t)'

dkRewire is built successfully. A part of Makefile is:
CC= g++
CXX= g++
DEBUG = -g #-pg#
OS = LINUX
CCFLAGS= -Wall $(DEBUG) -D$(OS) -O2
CXXFLAGS= -Wall $(DEBUG) -D$(OS) -O2
LDFLAGS += -lboost_program_options
all: dkRewire dkTopoGen0k dkTopoGen1k dkTopoGen2k dkDist dkRescale dkMetrics
COMMON_SRCS= dkUtils.cc
DKREWIRE_SRCS= $(COMMON_SRCS) dkRewire.cc #randomizeGraph1k.h randomizeGraph2k.h \
#       randomizeGraph3k.h
dkRewire: $(DKREWIRE_SRCS)
        $(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) $(INCS) $(LDFLAGS) $^ -o $@
DKTOPOGEN_0K_SRCS= $(COMMON_SRCS) dkTopoGen0k.cc #dkTopoGen1k.h
dkTopoGen0k: $(DKTOPOGEN_0K_SRCS)
        $(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) $(INCS) $(LDFLAGS) $^ -o $@

By the way, the version of my boost c++ library is 1.55. Is it too high?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jelline

Konstantinos

Apr 23, 2014, 9:47:15 AM4/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is not the right place to ask for the installation of orbis.

From the orbis website provided in ns-3 wiki (http://www.sysnet.ucsd.edu/~pmahadevan/topo_research/topo.html):
The latest alpha release (version 0.70a) of Orbis be found here. Orbis requires Boost 1.32 or later as well as the Boost program_options library.

I think you are missing the Boost program_options library.
I would recommend to contact Priya Mahadevan if you have any questions as specified on that website.

Konstantinos

Apr 23, 2014, 9:49:28 AM4/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
The website for Priya has been changed

Qiankun Su

Apr 23, 2014, 10:01:58 AM4/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Konstantinos,

Thanks for your reply. I try to contact Priya Mhadevan. I didn't miss the library, as shown in Makefile:

LDFLAGS += -lboost_program_options

Actually, the first module,
dkRewire, is built successfully. I think the most likely reason is incorporated inversions.

Thanks again,
Jelline