ERROR: no EpsBearerTag found in packet to be sent

Vaison

Feb 21, 2015, 9:41:00 PM2/21/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

I'm doing a Master and I have to use ns3 for some tests, after creating a new class and implemented I got some errors that I could fix but now I'm getting these error
assert failed. cond="found", msg="no EpsBearerTag found in packet to be sent", file=../src/lte/model/lte-enb-rrc.cc, line=1764

I thought was a Bearer problem but after have a look the UeNas' log I realize that it's not the problem because I got those messages
EpcUeNas:ActivateEpsBearer(0x1d15670)
EpcUeNas:DoNotifyConnectionSuccessful(0x1d15670)
EpcUeNas:SwitchToState(0x1d15670, ACTIVE)
IMSI
1 NAS OFF --> ACTIVE

I had a look in lte-enb-rrc but I couldn't find what's wrong... I've tried to debug with insight but...no way (it's a pain on my neck).

So... Could someone what I should to check, which classes or functions or from where could come from the error?

I would really appreciatte, I've spent almost three day trying to figure it out what's wrong and I couldn't find any "anormal" activity.

After make the logs in my code and in lena-simple-emu-epc I get the same values for the attributes so.... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Could be any related to the order how the lines codes executes?

Frankly any help will be welcoming.

Regards,

~V

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 22, 2015, 2:00:06 AM2/22/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm not an LTE expert, but from a quick look it seems that you're bypassing a class.
Check this function:
void
EpcEnbApplication::SendToLteSocket (Ptr<Packet> packet, uint16_t rnti, uint8_t bid)
{
  NS_LOG_FUNCTION
(this << packet << rnti << (uint16_t) bid << packet->GetSize ());

EpsBearerTag tag (rnti, bid);
  packet
->AddPacketTag (tag);

int sentBytes = m_lteSocket->Send (packet);
  NS_ASSERT
(sentBytes > 0);
}

LTE sockets need an EpsBearerTag to be attached to the packet. Otherwise... boom.

Hope this helps,

T.

lorasha...@gmail.com

May 17, 2016, 8:01:42 AM5/17/16
to ns-3-users
Hi ,

I have the same problem as Vaison, I am getting the following error:

assert failed. cond="found", msg="no EpsBearerTag found in packet to be sent", file=../src/lte/model/lte-enb-rrc.cc,

As Tommaso suggested, I have to add EpsBearerTag to the packet, like:

void
EpcEnbApplication::SendToLteSocket (Ptr<Packet> packet, uint16_t rnti, uint8_t bid)
{
  NS_LOG_FUNCTION
(this << packet << rnti << (uint16_t) bid << packet->GetSize ());

EpsBearerTag tag (rnti, bid);
  packet
->AddPacketTag (tag);

int sentBytes = m_lteSocket->Send (packet);
  NS_ASSERT
(sentBytes > 0);
}

But I do not know where should I add that?
I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Lora