Carrier Sensing Threshold (CCA Threshold) test scenarios

bartek....@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2017, 3:56:00 PM9/27/17
to ns-3-users
Hi all,
I am a new user of ns-3 simulator. I need some advice and 4,5 test scenarios for testing an influence of carrier sensing threshold on behavior performance of IEEE 802.11aa networks.

Regards,
Bartek

Tom Henderson

Sep 27, 2017, 4:03:59 PM9/27/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, to my knowledge, there is no support in ns-3 for 802.11aa, so as
a first step, one might review the scenarios in a published paper (e.g.
http://www.sigcomm.org/sites/default/files/ccr/papers/2014/January/2567561-2567567.pdf)
and then work on the ns-3 extensions necessary to duplicate the
scenarios shown in the figures (e.g. Figure 1 of that paper) and then
later, the results in that paper.

As for how to get started, I suggest to thoroughly review the code and
operation of existing wifi model and test code (in the src/wifi
directory).  Using a debugger like gdb to step through the operation, or
using ns-3 logging, are two good ways to learn how it presently works.
The wifi module documentation is here:
https://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.26/models/html/wifi.html

- Tom